The Samsung India Identity SDK enables Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to develop applications for the Indian market that can take advantage of AADHAAR-based iris authentication. This SDK enables ISVs to take advantage of the IR camera capability available in the supported Samsung devices.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has provided a unique identifier called the AADHAAR number for every resident of India. AADHAAR is a biometric database that includes an iris scan, digital fingerprints, a digital photo, and text-based data for every resident of India. The Samsung India Identity SDK takes advantage of AADHAAR to provide a biometric-based authentication solution.
The Samsung India Identity SDK v1.1 enables upgrading of Public Devices to Registered Devices level 0 as per UIDAI guidelines. This SDK version complies with the AADHAAR Registered Devices Technical Specification – Version 2.0.2 and the AADHAAR Authentication API Specification – Version 2.0.1.
The following table depicts the comparison between Public and Registered Devices:
- SEAP Partner account: If you are not yet a partner, click the button below to enroll as a partner.
- Samsung Approval: If you are already a partner, you will see a button below to contact us about SDK access.
How it works
The Samsung India Identity SDK provides a set of APIs that uses iris data, which can be captured and encrypted in a format that conforms to the UIDAI specifications. Your apps can make use of the encrypted iris data to authenticate the user, or to get e-KYC data from the AADHAAR server.
Next steps ...
- Get the Samsung India Identity SDK and license key by following the process in To get SDK and license keys . You must provide this key through your app to identify yourself and verify that you have permission to use this SDK. If you use management and security features in the Knox Standard or Knox Premium SDKs, you also need to get the licenses required for those SDKs.
- Browse the API reference. This describes all the available Java API methods, grouped by package and class.
- Read the Developer Guide. This describes the Samsung India Identity SDK framework and how to use the Java API methods to implement AADHAAR authentication.