The Samsung Enterprise Alliance Program (SEAP) provides SDKs that give you access to proprietary features on Samsung devices. With these features, you can create richer, more secure and differentiated solutions. To develop and commercialize these solutions with our SDKs, you need license keys.
If a license is compromised, we can revoke it or deny access to licensed features.
There are several license types, which provide access to different SDKs and services:
- Knox Platform for Enterprise (KPE) license – a family of licenses for the Knox SDK. See individual KPE license types below:
- KPE Development license – Provides access to Standard and Premium permissions of the Samsung Knox SDK for development purposes. For more information about this license type, see License Enhancements. If your app needs to run on a device on Knox 2.7 or earlier, a backwards-compatible key must be used along with this key.
- KPE Standard license - Provides access to Standard permissions of the Samsung Knox SDK for commercial deployments. If you need to use Premium permissions in a commercially deployed app, obtain Enterprise (ELM) and Knox (KLM) licenses obtained from a reseller for now. Next month, a paid license key will be released that replaces the ELM and KLM licenses. For more information about this license type, see License Enhancements. If your app needs to run on a device on Knox 2.7 or earlier, a backwards-compatible key must be used along with this key.
NOTE – the KPE license used to be called the Samsung Knox License (SKL). We have changed its name to be more consistent with the Knox Platform for Enterprise product name.
- REST API license – Provides web access to the Cloud SDK and web services such as Attestation and Enterprise FOTA.
The following license types were replaced by the new Knox Platform for Enterprise (KPE) licenses:
- Enterprise (ELM) license – Provides access to SDKs that require partner authentication for commerical distribution.
- Independent Software Vendor (ISV) license – Provides access to SDKs that anyone can use, like the Knox ISV and Samsung India Identity SDKs.
- Knox (KLM) license – Provides access to features from the Knox Tizen SDK for Wearables and the Knox Cloud SDK. Developers requiring these features can get a free development license for testing purposes. B2B partners integrating the app into their solutions can purchase a commercial KLM license for each customer and track and bill their usage of these features.