The Samsung Enterprise Alliance Program (SEAP) provides SDKs that give you access to proprietary features on Samsung devices. With these features, you can create richer, more secure and differentiated solutions. To develop and commercialize these solutions with our SDKs, you need license keys.
Should a license get into the wrong hands or become compromised, we can revoke it or deny access to the licensed features.
There are several license types, which provide access to different SDKs and services:
- Samsung Knox License (SKL) – Provides access to the new Samsung Knox SDK. This new license replaces the existing ELM, ISV, and KLM license keys using an Android permissions model to identify the features used by an app. For more information about this license type, see License Enhancements.
- REST API license – Provides web access to the Cloud SDK and web services such as Attestation and Enterprise FOTA.
The following license types were replaced by the new Samsung Knox license, but are still supported for backwards compatibility with legacy SDKs:
- Enterprise (ELM) license – Provides access to SDKs that require partner authentication for production distribution. These include the Knox Standard, Knox Premium, Knox Customization, and the Samsung EDU SDKs.
- Independent Software Vendor (ISV) license – Provides access to SDKs that anyone can use, like the Knox ISV and Samsung India Identity SDKs.
- Knox (KLM) license – Provides access to premium features, such as containerization with the Knox Premium SDK or devices configuration with the Knox Customization SDK. Developers requiring premium features can get a free development license for testing purposes. B2B partners integrating the app into their solutions can purchase a production KLM license for each customer and track and bill their usage of these features.