The Samsung Enterprise Alliance Program (SEAP) provides SDKs that give you access to proprietary features on Samsung devices. With these features, you can create richer, more secure and differentiated solutions. To develop and commercialize these solutions with our SDKs, you need license keys.
Should a license get into the wrong hands or become compromised, we can revoke it, and deny access to the licensed features.
There are several license types, which provide access to different SDKs and services:
- Enterprise (ELM) license – Provides access to SDKs meant to be used by larger enterprise partners. These include the Knox Standard, Knox Premium, Knox Customization, and Samsung EDU SDKs.
- Independent Software Vendor (ISV) license – Provides access to SDKs that anyone can use, like Knox ISV and India Identity.
- Knox (KLM) license – Provides access to premium features like a Knox container created using the Knox Premium SDK, or devices configured using the Knox Customization SDK. Developers creating an app that use these premium features can get a free development KLM license to test the features. B2B partners integrating the app into their solutions would purchase a production KLM license for each customer, then track and bill their usage of these features.
- REST API license – Provides web access to the Cloud SDK and web services such as Attestation and Enterprise FOTA.
- Samsung Knox (SKL) license (beta) – This new entitlement-based license replaces the existing ELM, ISV, and KLM license keys. SKL is a single license key which can be used with any Knox SDK. With the current Beta release, you can use the Samsung Knox License only with the Android version of the Knox Standard SDK. For more about this license type, see License Enhancements.