Silent application install no longer works with Nougat devices
Our MDM application uses Knox Standard SDK to silently deploy applications to target devices. With a Galaxy S7 test device (SM-G930F) with Android Nougat (build number NRD90M.G930FXXU1DPLT) the device shows a dialog about unknown sources when we use the ApplicationPolicy.installApplication(String, boolean) method. Even when we enable unknown sources in device settings, a dialog requesting application permissions is shown. Same code works perfectly in pre-Nougat devices. We didn't find any relevant changes in the latest specs, so what exactly is happening here?
- Android 7.0 update to Tab S2 8.0" (SM-T710) no longer allows USB permissions to be assigned using addUsbDeviceForDefaultsAccess(
- Revoke Internet permission bricks Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) on Android 7.0
- What this log is mean?
- Your administrator doesn't allow installation of apps obtained from unknown sources
- Disable youtube and airplane mode
- API "installApplication (String apkFilePath, boolean installOnSDCard)" will not work in Android Nougat