Silent application install no longer works with Nougat devices
Our MDM application uses Knox Standard SDK to silently deploy applications to target devices. With a Galaxy S7 test device (SM-G930F) with Android Nougat (build number NRD90M.G930FXXU1DPLT) the device shows a dialog about unknown sources when we use the ApplicationPolicy.installApplication(String, boolean) method. Even when we enable unknown sources in device settings, a dialog requesting application permissions is shown. Same code works perfectly in pre-Nougat devices. We didn't find any relevant changes in the latest specs, so what exactly is happening here?
- Is there any encryption API from KNOX
- KIOSK mode
- Your administrator doesn't allow installation of apps obtained from unknown sources
- How to get the ELM key and "knox.jar" file?
- KNOX license key activeELM 시 invalid code error 문제 문의
- API "installApplication (String apkFilePath, boolean installOnSDCard)" will not work in Android Nougat