Soojeong Jang
Oct 29, 2018
2:50 am

Failed to validate the product key. (Error Unknown)

Hello.

I've stuck in my license activating.

1. Standard key (Commercial) has generated key in SEAP.

2. And KnoxLicense codes added in my application.

3. When licenseManager.activateLicense(KPE_STANDARD_LICENSE_KEY); called,

Knox Agreement Screen appared.

4. I've agreed about Knox. and I've select OK.

5. Nothing Happend.

6. After retrying 'activateLicense'

7. There is TOAST message - 'Failed to validate the product key'

and 'Error unknown'

Did I missed something?

Similar topics

No similar topics found.
Jenna Slomowitz
Nov 07, 2018
12:26 am

Hello Soojeong,

1. In the dumpstate it looks as though you are activating a backward compatibility ELM key sucessfully, and are getting an error with the KLM key. Can you confirm that this is the behaviour that you are seeing?

2. When you are activating the KLM license, are you using the KnoxLicenseManager API?

Best regards,

Jenna

Comments

Hello Jenna,

Problem was solved!

I was using wrong APK.

My testing APK was not one that is associated with key.

I've upload my testing APK again to SEAP, License Activation and API Call works like a charm.

Thank you for your All respectable support!

Best Regards,

Soojeong Jang.

Soojeong JangNov 07, 2018 at 2:14 am
Jay Himanshu Jha
Oct 29, 2018
5:29 pm

Hi Soojeong,

When generating a commercial License Key in SEAP, you have to bind your package to the key. You can then activate the key from only this package.

Can you confirm if you're trying to activate the key from the package that you bound to it in SEAP?

Regards,

Jay

Comments

Yes. My Standard key (KLM09...) associated with package name com.kt.ollehkidsafe.

And I've write license activation code in my application(com.kt.ollehkidsafe).

Is there any build.gradle settings or something else?

- Oh. BTW, additional info. Test device was SM-G965N / R16NW.G965NKSU1ARG7 / Knox 3.1 (API level 25)

Soojeong JangOct 30, 2018 at 1:13 am
Jenna Slomowitz
Nov 06, 2018
1:00 am

Hello Soojeong,

Could you please reproduce the issue and take a dumpState of the device. Send it to jennatest862@gmail.com

Best regards,

Jenna

Comments

I've not told you about one thing.

Test device was changed to Note5 from S9Plus.

Thank you.

Soojeong JangNov 06, 2018 at 2:02 am
Soojeong Jang
Nov 06, 2018
1:59 am

Hello Jenna.

I've made and sent dump to you.

Please check it and give me advice.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Soojeong Jang.

Udbhav Goyal
Apr 29, 2019
10:41 am

I am facing the exact same error. I am seeing the error 'Failed to validate the product key' . I am testing in Samsung Galaxy A10 (Knox 3.3, Knox API level 28)

I am migrating to Knox SDK 3.3.  I am using  'KnoxEnterpriseLicenseManager' to activate license. I am using KPE Standard Commercial Key (KLMN *****)

Any help please?

Comments

Hi Udbhav,

Did you also receive error 102 or did you receive a different error code? There should have been another message in addition to the "Failed to validate the product key" that you mentioned. This secondary message gives us more detail about what is causing the activation failure. Could you please try to activate your license again and tell me what error code you recieve?

Best regards,

Mikayla N.Apr 29, 2019 at 4:06 pm

Actually I didn't create any license receiver class. I am developing application in React Native wherein I have wriiten bridge for android. Is it necessary to create license receiver class?

I am not seeing any error code in the toast message or in the exception stack trace.

Btw below is the exception stack trace which I see

Admin  does not have android.permission.sec.MDM_HW_CONTROL OR com.samsung.android.knox.permission.KNOX_HW_CONTROL

I have declared com.samsung.android.knox.permission.KNOX_HW_CONTROL in my android manifest

Udbhav GoyalApr 29, 2019 at 5:13 pm
Udbhav Goyal
May 14, 2019
6:05 am

Hi Mikayla

I am facing a very strange problem. Although my license key has been successfully activated as soon as I call AppPolicy.disableAndroidBrowser( ) (I want to disable default browser in my samsung phone) my app crashes. I do not see any relevant logs at all in Android Studio. Please help

Comments

Hi Udbhav,

Have you declared the permission KNOX_APP_MGMT in your manifest file? Make sure the following line is in your manifest file:

<uses-permission android:name="com.samsung.android.knox.permission.KNOX_APP_MGMT" />

Also, what type of license key are you using? The dev limited key will not grant you the KNOX_APP_MGMT permission, whether the permission is declared in the manifest file or not.

Best regards,

Mikayla

Mikayla N.May 14, 2019 at 4:07 pm

Hi

Yes,I have declared the permission KNOX_APP_MGMT in my manifest file. I am not using dev limited key. I am using KPE Standard Key. I am using the correct key

Please note that the default browser in my Samsung phone is getting disabled,but my app gets crashed without any 'Unfortunately App has stopped'

Udbhav GoyalMay 15, 2019 at 4:48 am
Udbhav Goyal
May 21, 2019
7:41 am

Hi Mikayla

Any update on this ?

Comments

Hi Udbhav,

Have you tried putting this call to disableAndroidBrowser() inside a try-catch block? Print out the stack trace if an exception gets thrown. There must be some sort of uncaught exception causing your app to crash, but I cannot assist you if I do not know what kind of an exception it is.

Best regards,