Container - setMaximumFailedPasswordsForWipe / setMaximumFailedPasswordsForDeviceDisable
Hi fellow developers,
I'm investigating a bug of one of our customers, and stumbled across the following problem.
I searched in the API reference, but I couldn't find the necessary information there.
Before we create a KNOX container, we create a custom KNOX configuration type.
We clone the "knox-b2b" configuration type for that purpose.
To set the max failed passwords attempts for wipe we call the following function
After the container has been created, I want to change the setting and use the code below.
PasswordPolicy pp = KnoxContainerManager.getPasswordPolicy();
But the API isn't clear, I came to the conclusion that the two APIs set values for different thresholds.
My questions are:
1. Does KnoxConfigurationType.setMaximumFailedPasswordsForWipe() trigger a wipe of the whole device, or only the container ?
2. What is the "DeviceDisable" action set by setMaximumFailedPasswordsForDeviceDisable() ? Deletion or lock of the container ? Lock down of the whole device.
3. How can the value set by KnoxConfigurationType.setMaximumFailedPasswordsForWipe() changed after the container has been created ?
4. What's the difference between the action triggered by setMaximumFailedPasswordsForDeviceDisable() and setMaximumFailedPasswordsForWipe() ?
- How to create profile with GenericVpnPolicy no error Json
- Samsung SSO with Kerberos and Active Directory
- Can an APK be extracted when in Knox container?
- Wipe device not working on Samsung SM-T395(7.1.1) when disable factory reset restrictions is enforced
- APN settings change not working
- How do I provision a wifi profile and authenticate a proxy server?