Admin does not have android.permission.sec.MDM_RESTRICTION or com.samsung.android.knox.permission.KNOX_RESTRICTION
Hi there, I am new to Knox and Android in general. I have been given an mdm project to take over and one of the requirements is to programatically install apks that are retrieved from a web service that is provided by our web application. We have this all working and we can install the apks programatically thanks to some help from the following link https://seap.samsung.com/forum-topic/your-administrator-doesnt-allow-installation-apps-obtained-unknown-sources. However, this only works if we have a container created or had a container created at some point (it can then be removed). Otherwise we get the following error: Failed to set Applications from Unknown Sources in RestrictionPolicy: Admin does not have android.permission.sec.MDM_RESTRICTION or com.samsung.android.knox.permission.KNOX_RESTRICTION when trying to set setAllowNonMarketApps (true).
These permissions are listed in our manifest.
We are using Knox 2.7.1, Standard SDK 5.7.1, Premium SDK 2.7.1 Customization SDK 2.7.1, Android v7.0 on a Galaxy Tab S2.
Any ideas on why we need to have a container created in order for the call to setAllowNonMarketAppls(true) to work?
- VpnProfile or GenericVpnProfile?
- Silent application install no longer works with Nougat devices
- Permit drawing over other apps
- why does AdvancedRestrictionPolicy.preventNewAdminActivation(true) return false?
- SPDControl API not working on 7.0 devices- works on 6.0
- Local media access (Camera, microphone) for Android app on Galaxy Tab E