DeX Developer Workshop - Mountain View, CA
Come optimize your solutions for Samsung DeX, mingle with other developers and exchange innovative ideas all in one day! Food and beverages will be provided along with a raffle for a chance to win your own Samsung DeX!
With the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+, Samsung has introduced the next generation of smartphones, with new and innovative features. One of those features is Samsung DeX – Samsung DeX lets you connect your Galaxy S8/S8+ to a monitor, keyboard and mouse for a desktop experience powered by your phone.
Join us on August 14th at Samsung Research America Mountain View Campus to learn how to optimize your app for the next generation of Samsung Devices and features, with enhanced interactions, desktop mode capabilities and an overall amplified in app experience. There are no new API’s needed to launch apps in Samsung DeX, it is an extension of the already familiar Android N’s Multi-Window mode; however, there are a number of coding practices that need to be followed to make an app optimized for use with DeX. You will have a chance to learn and apply these practices during the workshop, and Samsung engineers will be onsite to help guide you, so have your development environment fired up and ready to go.
- 5:30pm - 6:00pm: Registration and snacks
- 6:00pm - 6:15pm: Introduction, demo and overview
- 6:15pm - 7:00pm: Technical deep dive and ‘How-to’
- 7:00pm - 9:30pm: Development on your own apps to optimize for Samsung DeX
- 9:30pm - 10:00pm: Networking
- Hands-On Android programming skills
- A laptop with the latest Android Studio with the Android SDK Platform for API Level 24 installed
We hope to see you there!