With the highly anticipated Galaxy Watch releasing soon, the Knox Tizen SDK for Wearables v2.3 is now available for download. This version includes new features for automatic call answering, preventing screen lock, and controlling dangerous permissions at runtime.
With v2.3, the Knox Tizen SDK for Wearables now includes:
Automatic call answering
The Galaxy Watch can be set to automatically answer calls. This is particularly useful in emergencies, where the watch owner may not be able to answer calls themselves. The IT admin can whitelist phone numbers that the application may answer automatically.
- In medical emergencies, patients can be located for treatment or rescue via the call connection
- In logistics, operational emergencies can be quickly reported and triaged via the call connection
Prevent screen lock
By default, users can set a lock screen password for the Galaxy Watch. In situations where the watch is shared between multiple users, this can be a problem when other users do not know the lock screen password.
To avoid this problem, we have added APIs that allow IT admins to block users from setting lock screen passwords.
- Multiple users can now use a single Galaxy Watch without being locked out by another user’s password
- Example use-cases: shared Galaxy Watches for hotel patrons, shared Galaxy Watches for employees working different shifts
Control dangerous permissions at runtime
In order to enforce security policies in enterprise apps, IT admins may need to bypass user consent for certain device permissions. Apps may now be pre-granted with dangerous permissions so that they do not require user consent. These permissions automatically apply at runtime.
- Allows apps to be pre-granted dangerous permissions, so that additional user action is not required
- Saves IT admins time, since apps can now run all required permissions out-of-the-box
- Example use case: acquiring permissions to access the device camera
- Knox Tizen SDK for Wearables – to download the latest Knox Tizen SDK for Wearables
- Developer guide – for more information about the SDK and how to use it
- Sample Apps – for code examples of apps that use the SDK
- FAQs, Developer forum, Contact us – if you have more questions