Samsung continues to evolve mobile device enterprise security and manageability with its newest Knox 3.2 SDK, which adds new features that can be paired with the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 phone.
Highlights in this upgrade include: new Samsung DeX APIs, the ability to capture and Rich Communication Service (RCS) messages, more control over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and the merging of the UCM SDK into the Knox SDK.
For the 3.2 release, the Knox team provides the following DeX management APIs.
Organize home screen apps - setHomeAlignment()
Align and organize apps in a preferred order. This is perfect for organizations that want to set up numerous identical workstations throughout their organization.
Set custom web shortcuts - addURLShortcut()
Add a custom icon on the DeX home screen to open a specific URL. This is useful for users that have to access a website frequently – for example, an internal Intranet network.
Knox 3.2 allows IT Admins to capture RCS messages. For many industries, such as the financial services, the ability to audit sent and received messages is required by law. Read more on RCS capture in the developer guide.
2 new connection APIs allow you to turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth background scanning.
The UCM SDK provides a plug-and-play framework for credentials across various secure storages (eSE, UICC and SD card,etc). Before Knox 3.2, this required an additional approval process and a separate license activation. This function is now available with the Knox SDK and license.
- Work profile icon name change – Profiles created in Android have been renamed from "Workspace" to "Work”. This is reflected in the icon name on the device.
- GDPR compliance – Knox Workspace is updated to meet the stringent requirements of GDPR.
For more information
- Download the latest SDK.
- Read the Knox SDK Developer Guide.
- For a detailed list of what’s new in Knox 3.2, see the Knox developer guide Knox 3.2 what’s new.
- See the Knox SDK API Reference.
- Discuss the latest updates with other community members in the SEAP Developer Forum.
- Read about additional features added in the Knox Platform framework.